Buffalo Mushroom Matzah Pizza
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 pieces matzah (preferably Yehuda brand)
- 2 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1 pint mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or red wine)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (or more to taste. I used Frank's)
- 1 spring thyme
- ¼ cup blue cheese divided in two piles
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used truffle salt to enhance the mushroom flavor)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and toast your matzah for about 10 minutes. This will make the pizza extra crispy and not get soggy once you put the topping on.
- Chop up your mushrooms and saute in 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil) under soft.
- Then add your minced garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Now time to deglaze. Add the bourbon and hot sauce along with the thyme and cook until reduced to one teaspoon.
- Once reduced to pretty much nothing, take off the heat and mount with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mmm butter. Swirl around until the butter is melted and add half the blue cheese. Mix until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the matzah pieces with the mushroom mixture and top more blue cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melty, about 7 minutes, and serve immediately!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/buffalo-mushroom-matzah-pizza/