Roasted Almond and Cranberry Quinoa and Bulgur Salad
- 1 1/2 cups dried quinoa or bulgur (I used a red quinoa and bulgur mix)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienne
- 2/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring grain and water to a boil, cover and lower heat and simmer for 10 - 20 minutes or until done. Rest off heat for 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and toast almonds for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut carrots into think julienne strips and set aside.
- Chop up scallions and set aside.
- Mince herbs and add to cooled quinoa with carrots, scallions, cranberries and almonds.
- Mix together vinegar, honey and lime juice and drizzle in olive oil. Adjust with salt and pepper and combine with salad!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/roasted-almond-and-cranberry-quinoa-and-bulgur-salad/