Potato Latke Pizza
- For dough:
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 envelope pizza yeast
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup of very warm water (about 120 degrees F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- For pizza:
- 3-4 red waxy potatoes
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 2 teaspoons salt (1/2 teaspoon for apples, 1½ for pizza)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (one for apples, two for pizza)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- First up, make your dough. Mix together 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Then add oil and water and mix.
- Add in flour a little at a time and knead until you have a ball (you may not use all the flour), and then knead four more minutes.
- To cook your potatoes put them into cold water and bring to a boil. Your potatoes are cooked when you can insert a knife and it comes out clean. When cooled, slice them into ⅛ inch slices.
- Then slice your peeled apples into ⅛ inch slices as well. Then mix your apples with 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Now it’s time to build your za! Roll out your rough on a pizza stone or pan covered with parchment paper. You can make a crust if you like (I liked). Then drizzle with olive oil.
- Layer potatoes and apples on your dough, alternating one of each. Drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with minced garlic.
- Top with sour cream, salt, pepper, chopped rosemary and dollops of goat cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbly and delicious.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/potato-latke-pizza/