Mexican Potato Latkes
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 cups peeled and shredded russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced
- 2 corn stocks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- After peeling and shredding potatoes, wring with a cheesecloth or towel, removing all moisture.
- Mix potatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, corn, eggs, corn, flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat until the oil is hot.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the oil, and flatten them down to form ½ inch patties. Brown on one side, and then flip and brown the other.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve hot with avocado cream and cilantro sour cream!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/mexican-potato-latkes/