General Tso's Chicken
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- First up, cut up your chicken into bite sized pieces and coat with cornstarch.
- Next up, mix your eggs, salt (optional), pepper, flour and baking powder until no lumps remain. Add your chicken and coat.
- Then, heat up a skillet or wok on high heat and cook chicken in oil until no longer pink inside. It took me about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium high, and add in sesame oil, scallions, and ginger and cook for one minute.
- Now add in water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, ketchup, and oyster sauce and simmer until the cornstarch has dissolved and the sauce is thick.
- Stir in chicken and that’s it! Serve with rice and top with more of those tasty scallions.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/general-tso-chicken/