Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 large eggplant or (2 small eggplants)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon
- First, slice your eggplant and place on a sheet pan lined with foil. Cover with a paper towel to soak up excess water and let them sit for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, dice your eggplant and pepper, except for two small strips of pepper cut for garnish.
- Put diced veggies on your cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed with a nonstick spray and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While your veggies are roasting, heat olive oil in a pan and saute onions over medium high heat for 5 minutes until they are soft. Then add in garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Then add your stock, peppers and eggplant to the onions and garlic. Stir in spices and tahini too. Bring to a simmer and then transfer soup to a blender. Blend away until smooth!
- Garnish with pepper strips, lemon and more cayenne pepper.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/babaganoush-soup/