Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken with Apples
Author: Amy Kritzer
Recipe type: Jewish
Serves: 4-6 servings
- One 3-4 pound chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used low sodium) or make your own
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme
- 3 apples (I used Fuji)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the giblets from the chicken and clean thoroughly with cold water. Dry chicken.
- Rub oil on the chicken and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Chop onions into large pieces.
- Put the chicken on a rack (to prevent dryness) in a roasting pan and surround with onions.
- Combine Dijon mustard, honey, and chicken broth and pour over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, basting halfway through.
- Chop apples into similar large pieces like the onions. Sprinkle with brown sugar and add to the pan.
- Roast until the apples are soft and the chicken cooked to an internal temperature of 165. For me, that was 55 more minutes.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/honey-mustard-roasted-chicken-with-apples-giveaway-post/