Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken with Apples
Author: Amy Kritzer
- One 3-4 pound chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used low sodium) or make your own
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme
- 3 apples (I used Fuji)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the giblets from the chicken and clean thoroughly with cold water. Dry chicken.
- Rub oil on the chicken and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Chop onions into large pieces.
- Put the chicken on a rack (to prevent dryness) in a roasting pan and surround with onions.
- Combine Dijon mustard, honey, and chicken broth and pour over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, basting halfway through.
- Chop apples into similar large pieces like the onions. Sprinkle with brown sugar and add to the pan.
- Roast until the apples are soft and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Serve with RiceSelect™ Texmati rice!
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/honey-mustard-roasted-chicken-with-apples-giveaway-post/