German Potato Salad
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 slices turkey bacon (or bacon if you aren't keeping kosher)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut potatoes in half and cook in boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool. Then cut into pieces.
- Cook turkey bacon over medium heat in a skillet until browned. Chop up turkey bacon and save the fat.
- Saute chopped onions in bacon fat until they are golden.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and pepper to the onions and cook until it starts to bubble.
- Then add water, vinegar and mustard and bring to a boil and cook until thick.
- Stir in chopped turkey bacon, potato pieces, chopped scallions and parsley until your potato salad is hot. Serve warm.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/german-potato-salad/