Vegetarian Chopped Liver
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side Dish
Serves: 8 (1/2 cup per serving)
- 1 cup lentils (or one 17 ounce can)
- 1 medium onion
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup walnuts
- To make lentils, bring 4 cups of water and 1 cup of dried lentils to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes until lentils are tender. Makes 3 cups.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions until they are browned.
- Put lentils, onions, walnuts, and eggs in a food processor and mix until it looks like chopped liver. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for one hour and serve.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/vegetarian-chopped-liver/