Recipe type: Main Dish, Side Dish
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- ½ red onion
- 1 plum tomato
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup parsley
- 6 scallions
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water and pour over bulgur wheat. Let soak for 30 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Chop cucumber, onion and tomato into small pieces and add to the bulgur wheat.
- Chop up parsley, scallions and mint and add to bulgur and veggie mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, juice from lemon, salt and pepper and then add to the bulgar mix.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour, and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/tabouli-salad/