Recipe type: Meat, Main
- 3-4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups ketchup (kosher for Passover if making this for Passover)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 white onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Chop onions into large pieces.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Heat a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Cook brisket until all sides are browned.
- Add in water, white vinegar, ketchup, onions, garlic, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer over medium-low heat, turning brisket every 30 minutes.
- Cook brisket until the sauce has congealed and the brisket is fork tender or about 3 hours.
- Once brisket cools, remove the fat and slice against the grain and refrigerate overnight or you can also refrigerate and slice the next day before reheating.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/brisket/