Cinnamon Roll Strudel
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup walnuts
- Cinnamon and sugar topping
- Mix together flour, sour cream and 2 sticks of butter.
- Roll into four balls and refrigerate overnight, covered with wax paper.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll each ball into a thin rounded rectangle type thing on parchment paper.
- Mix together sugars, ⅓ cup softened butter and 1 tablespoon cinnamon spread on your dough, not getting too close to the edges.
- Add nuts and roll up like a jelly roll. If your dough is sticking, use the parchment paper to carefully lift it off.
- Sprinkle with a whole lot of cinnamon and sugar, and repeat with your other balls.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cooling rack, and slice into 1¼ inch pieces.
Also, will need to refrigerate dough overnight.
Recipe by What Jew Wanna Eat at http://whatjewwannaeat.com/cinnamon-roll-strudel/